Time America HP2000 Biometric HandPunch Time Clock
Biometric technology is the new technology standard for employee data collection for a wide variety of industries including manufacturing, finance, health care and many more. HandPunch units eliminate the need for badges or passwords which can be lost or forgotten by identifying an employee by the unique size and shape of his or her hand. A key benefit to using a HandPunch unit is the elimination of buddy punching – when employees to clock in and out for one another. Optionally, select HandPunch unit also eliminates unauthorized overtime by forcing schedules that restrict when employees can use the terminal. The design of the Hand Punch unit is made to withstand daily use of nearly any workforce. The casing is constructed of injection-molded plastic, which is strong yet lightweight and the silicon rubber keypad creates a seal against the outside elements. Additionally the unit’s internal Lithium battery keeps the time and calendar accurate, and holds data in the event of a power loss.
Supervisors are able to better utilize labor resources with the HandPunch units ability to record employee time and attendance, monitor productivity, control building access and track inventory. Each function key can be programmed to collect up to 4 levels of data, in addition to the employee ID and time stamp. Supervisors can correct employee time entries and recall or delete previous employee transactions by date, time and employee number. Whether you are implementing data collection system for the first time or updating your existing technology, the HandPunch unit provides a safeguard against costly overpayments, security threats and a maximized return on investment.
• Eliminates the need for badges
• Eliminates buddy punching
• Eliminates errors associated with manual data collection
• Easy to operate and is user programmable
• Links directly to your existing computer system
• Provides fast and accurate employee verification
Each function key can be programmed to collect up to four items of data, plus the initial employee I.D. and time stamp. For example, an employee could press function key 2 and be prompted to input a work order number, part number, and then prompted to input a quantity. This demonstrates just three items of data.
The terminal has a supervisor mode, in which any transaction can be entered for the employee at the time it should have taken place. The supervisor mode also allows you to recall and delete previous employee transactions by date, time and employee number.
The Hand Biometric Reader is constructed of injection-molded plastic, which is pound for pound stronger than steel, yet lightweight and attractive. The terminals have a silicon rubber keypad, which creates a seal against the outside elements, including those found in a spilt cup of coffee. The terminal comes with an integrated wall-mounting bracket.
16 Character LCD Display
The terminal comes with a highly advanced 2x16 backlight liquid crystal display. This means that under almost any lighting condition the terminal will give you a clear picture.
Battery Backed Memory
The Hand Biometric Reader has an internal Lithium battery keeping your data safe even if the power is out for weeks. The terminal's internal Lithium battery not only holds the memory, but also keeps the time and calendar accurate. With the addition of the optional internal battery backup, all functions are 100% operational if power is removed. Once power resumes, the battery automatically recharges. With the Time America terminal, your collected data is no longer at the mercy of the utility company.
This HandPunch clock's firmware is designed to work with Time America software. This clock can be used with other software manufacturers however a conversion or activation code may be required.
Three ways to connect
Choose from one of three ways to connect your time and attendance software to your Time America Hand Punch reader.
1. Serial (RS232) - A direct connection from your computer to your time clock. Ideal for older model PCs that still have a serial port and if only one hand reader is needed to connect to your Time America software.
2. Modem - A great solution if your hand reader is located far from your computer with Time America software. Typically used when a hand reader is located miles away and is in an environment that does not require a sophisticated computer network. The Time America time and attendance software such as TA100 Pro and Genesis Pro can dial to multiple modem HandPunch clocks.
3. Ethernet - A solid choice if your employees need to punch in from different locations throughout your business. The hand readers come with a pre-installed ethernet adapter so they can connect directly to your local area network. This is the best solution when you require multiple clocks and need data fast.
|Employee Capacity||50, upgradeable to 512||100, non-upgradeable||512, non-upgradeable||512, upgradeable to 32512||530, upgradeable to 3498|
|Card Reader||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||3 Of 9 Barcode, optional external wand/gun|
|Function Keys||N/A||N/A||2 User Programmable Keys||2 User Programmable Keys||10 User Programmable Keys|
|Communication||RS232, optional modem||RS232, Ethernet||RS232, Ethernet||RS232, RS485 optional Ethernet and modem||RS232, RS485 optional Ethernet and modem|
|Signal Control||N/A||N/A||N/A||2, bells and access||2, bells and access|
Hand Readers |...
1 Year Warranty from Manufacture on the first year from purchase date. Optional extended warranty may be purchased.