The ultimate card printer!
Primacy is a high-end printer that is easy-to-use, flexible and fast .
When loaded with the Evolis cutting-edge encoding technologies, Primacy turns into the ideal solution to issue cards.
Primacy supports any requirement in card printing and encoding, in medium to large runs . This is the perfect option to deliver :
A card printer which adapts to your needs
- Primacy is available in single or double-side printing versions, with or without encoding technologies,
- The encoding or double-sided printing options can be installed to order or at any time on site,
- All Primacy versions are available with USB and Ethernet TCP/IP connectivity. Optional WIFI connectivity is available on the Wireless range.
Primacy is the quickest, most powerful and highest-performance office card printer in its category
Primacy is perfect for production runs:
Easy access to all features :
Configuration as per your requirements :
- Available in single- or dual-sided printing options and with magnetic encoding, contact or contactless smartcard options (options can be combined) to meet all your card and badge requirements
- A dual-sided printing activation key enables a single-sided printer to be converted in a dual-sided one in an instant and on site
- Using the encoding option which can be installed on site, add encoding options at any time and on site without changing printer
Primacy, an ecodesigned card printer
The energy consumption is on average 5 times lower than printers from the previous generation.
The card printer benefits from the ENERGY STAR certification and is compliant with the ErP directive.
Warranty and additional advantages
Primacy benefits from the experience and proven quality control of Evolis. It guarantees you optimal operation and a perfect result. Evolis' strong commitment to quality is shown by the 3-year warranty covering the printer.
Extend your warranty to 4 years with our optional 1-year warranty extension contract.
In addition to its manufacturer's warranty, Primacy is supplied with the Standard version of the card creation software eMedia CS Card Designer with unlimited use (compatible with Windows™ 8, 7 and Vista).
- Single-sided or dual-sided printing module, edge to edge printing
- Color dye sublimation , monochrome thermal transfer
- 300 dpi print head (11.8 dots/mm)
- 16MB Memory (RAM)
- Single side :
- Color (YMCKO) : 190 - 225 cards /hour1
- Monochrome : 600 - 850 cards /hour
- Dual side (YMCKO-K) : 140 cards /hour
Card management and specifications
- Feeder capacity: 100 cards (0.76 mm - 30 mil)
- Output hopper capacity: 100 cards (0.76 mm - 30 mil)
- Reject tray: 30 cards (0.76 mm - 30 mil)
- Card thickness: 0.25 to 1.25 mm (10 to 50 mil), gauge adjustment (0.25mm / 10 mil cards for monochrome printing only)
- Types of cards: Types of cards : All PVC, Composite PVC cards, PET, RPET, ABS1 and special varnished1 cards
- Card format ISO CR80 - ISO 7810 (53.98mm x 85.60 mm)
Evolis High Trust® ribbons
To maximize the quality and durability of printed cards, the lifespan of the print head and the overall printer reliability, use Evolis High Trust® ribbons.
- Automatic identification and setting
- Delivered in a drop-in cassette for easy handling
- Ribbon saver for monochrome printing
|YMCKO||300 prints / roll|
|YMCKO-K||200 prints / roll|
|½ YMCKO||400 prints / roll|
|KO||600 prints / roll|
|Monochrome ribbon||1000 prints / roll(1)|
|Hologram varnish||400 prints / roll|
- USB 1.1 (supports 2.0)
- Ethernet TCP-IP 10BaseT, 100BaseT (Traffic Led)
- Optional 802.11b/g wireless connection2
- Printer LEDs
- Graphical notifications3 from the printer: Empty input hopper alert, cleaning alerts, empty/low level ribbon alert
- Delivered with Evolis Premium Suite® for Windows:
- Printer driver
- Evolis Print Center for printer management and settings
- Printer Manager for bi-directional graphical notification4
- Compatible with Windows™: XP SP3 32/64 ; Vista 32/64, W7 32/64, W8 32/64
- Delivered with eMedia CS Card Designer, Standard Edition, unlimited version (supports WindowsTM 8, 7 and Vista)
- Delivered with a driver for Mac OS X (from 10.5 onwards)
- Other OS: Linux upon request
- 3-year warranty (printer and printhead)5 , up to 4 years with optional warranty extension.
Size and weight
- Height 247mm (9.72"") x length 205mm (8.07"") x width 381 mm (14.99"")
- Height 247mm (9.72"") x length 205mm (8.07"") x width 481 mm (18.93"") (With reject tray)
- Weight: 4.02 kg (8.86 lbs)
Dimensions and weight of the machine when packed :
- Size (H x l x W) : 485 x 300 x 390 mm
- Weight : 5.290kg
Sound (Evaluated according to the ISO 7779 standard)
Sound pressure level, LpAm, measure at the operator position (colour mode YMCKO) :
- When operating: 48dB (A)
- In sleep mode: background noise level
- Slot for Kensington® security lock
- Data encryption for magnetic encoding
- CD-ROM with printer drivers, user manuals, and eMedia CS
- Cleaning kit
- USB cable
- Reject tray
- Power supply and cord
Options & Accessories
Colors available : Fire Red & Brilliant Blue
- Upgrade kit for dual-sided printing
- Encoding options can be combined, factory ordered or upgraded on-site with additional modules: Magnetic stripe encoder, smart contact station, smart encoding unit, contactless encoding unit
- USB Encoding over IP through additional USB Net Server module, upon request
- Locking system to prevent access to the printer and consumables (cards and ribbons)
Environmental features, certifications and statement of compliance
- Standby mode & reduced energy consumption
- CE, FCC, IEC, VCCI, CCC, KC
- ErP 2009/125/CE, ENERGY STAR, ROHS
- Power supply : 100-240 Volts AC, 50-60 Hz, 1,8A
- Printer : 24 Volts DC, 3 A
- Min/max operating temperature: 15° / 30 °C (59° / 86 °F)
- Humidity: 20% to 65% non-condensing
- Min/max storage temperature: -5° / +70 °C (23° / 158 °F)
- Storage humidity: 20% to 70% non-condensing
- Operating ventilation: open air
- Arial 100, Arial bold 100
- Barcode: Code 39, Code 128, EAN 13, 2/5 interleaved
1 Under Specific conditions / 2 on the Wireless range / 3 Depends on the Windows™ version / 4 requires the .net 4.0 client profile version / 5 Warranty subject to observance of specific conditions and use of Evolis High Trust® ribbons.
1 Year Warranty from Manufacture on the first year from purchase date. Optional extended warranty may be purchased.