Setting new standards in card printing!
Zenius is the one-stop solution to print high-quality single-sided cards, in monochrome or color, and encode technology cards, singly or in runs, for a variety of applications:
- employee badges ,
- access control badges ,
- payment cards,
- transportation passes ,
- and more...
Zenius comes with two major innovations :
- Evolis Premium Suite® , software, at the core of all new Evolis printers. This software architecture supplies the Print Center, a printing and configuration system that monitors all communications between the printer and the user.
The printer’s operation can be managed entirely right from the user’s interface and through pop-up notifications on the printing status, ribbon availability and maintenance tasks.
This Printer Manager also offers direct access to the Evolis Web-based Support Center, available on a 24/7 basis.
- The Evolis High Trust® range of consumables is specifically designed to deliver premium graphic performances and ease of use. Installing the ribbon cassette is a simple one-step process and thanks to a chip, Zenius instantly identifies the ribbon type and configures all settings accordingly.
Zenius is available in two versions :
- The Classic line : USB only, no encoding option – for those who only need to print cards on a single computer
- The Expert line : USB and Ethernet, with multiple encoding options available (factory mounted or on-site integration) – for those who need to share their printer on a local network or to issue badges with encoding technologies (mag, smart contact and /or contactless
Zenius makes it easy for you every step of the way! Discover a wealth of advanced features loaded in a contemporary yet compact design.
- Card feeder and output tray located at the front of the printer
- Manual feeder
- Control panel with LEDs
Equipped with state-of-the-art printing technologies, the Expert version of Zenius can be upgraded onsite with multiple encoders. These flexible features ensure that you will always be in line with your current and future requirements in plastic card printing.
- Direct access to ports
- Factory ordered or on-site upgradable with additional modules*
- Magnetic and smart card encoders can be combined within the same printer*
Compact, lightweight and silent:
With a low sound level and its amazingly small size, Zenius can be accommodated in virtually any environment, be it a welcome desk, a sales counter, or an office desk. By its really low weight, Zenius is the lightest printer in its category.
- 7.3 lbs
Zenius has earned the coveted ENERGY STAR certification and complies with the reduced energy consumption guidelines from the ErP European Directive
- Standby and Sleep modes
- ENERGY STAR certification
- Compliance with the ErP European Directive
General printer specifications
- Single-sided printing module, edge-to-edge printing
- Color-dye sublimation and monochrome thermal transfer
- 300 dpi print head (11.8 dots/mm)
- 16 MB of RAM
- Color: from 120 to 150 cards per hour
- Monochrome: from 400 to 500 cards per hour
Card management and specifications
- Choice of automated or manual feeding
Evolis High Trust® ribbons®
Maximize the quality and durability of printed cards, the lifespan of your print head and the overall reliability of your printer!
- Automatic detection and setup
- Ribbon embedded in a cassette for ease of use
- Ribbon saver feature for monochrome printing
- Graphic notifications from the printer2 : Empty feeder, cleaning, ”approaching end-of-ribbon” and “end-of-ribbon” warnings
Supplied with the Evolis Premium Suite® for Windows:
- Printer driver
- Evolis Print Center for printer management and setup
- Evolis Printer Manager for two-way notifications 3
- Compatible with Windows™: XP SP3 32/64 ; Vista 32/64, W7 32/64, W8 32/64
Supplied with the eMedia CS Card Designer (30-day free trial to be downloaded from Mediasoft’s website)
Other OS: Mac 10.5 to 10.8, Linux upon request
|Feeder capacity||50 cards (0.76 mm – 30 mil)|
|Output tray capacity||20 cards (0.76 mm – 30 mil)|
|Card thickness||0.25 to 0.76 mm (10 to 30 mil), calibration via the gauge|
|Types of cards||Types of cards : All PVC, Composite PVC cards, PET, RPET, ABS1 and special varnished cards1|
|Card format||ISO CR-80 – ISO 7810 (53.98 mm x 85.60 mm – 3.375” x 2.125”)|
|1 Under specific conditions|
|1/2 YMCKO||400 prints/roll|
|Monochrome ribbon||up to 1,000 prints/roll (Under specific conditions)|
|Hologram ribbon||400 prints/roll|
|Interfaces||USB 1.1 (compatible 2.0)
Ethernet available as an option
|Size (H x L x W)||195 mm (7.68”) x 205 mm (8.07") x 310 mm (12.2”)|
|Weight||3.3 kg (7.3 lbs)|
|Sound (evaluated according to the ISO 7779 Standard)|
|Sound pressure level, LpAm, bystander position (YMCKO color mode)|
|When operating||46dB (A)|
|In sleep mode||Background noise only|
|Support for Kensington Lock®|
|Data encryption for magnetic encoding (for the ‘Expert’ version or above)|
|Options & accessories|
|Available colors||Fire Red or Grey Brown|
|Ethernet TCP-IP (for the ‘Expert’ version or above)|
|Encoding options can be combined, factory ordered or upgraded on-site with additional modules (expert version):||Magnetic stripe encoder, smart card contact station, smart card encoder and contactless smart card encoder. Other encoders available upon request.|
|Eco-friendly design, certifications and statement of compliance|
|Power supply||100–240 V AC, 50–60 Hz, 1.8 A|
|Printer||24 V DC, 3 A|
|Min/max operating temperature||15° / 30°C (59° / 86°F)|
|Humidity||20% to 65% non-condensing|
|Min/max storage temperature||–5° / +70°C (23° / 158°F)|
|Storage humidity||20 to 70% non-condensing|
|Operating ventilation||Open air|
|Arial 100, Arial Bold 100|
|Bar code||Code 39, code 128, EAN 13, Interleaved 2 of 5|
1 Under Specific conditions / 2 Depends on the Windows™ version / 3 requires the .net 4.0 client profile version / 4 Warranty subject to observance of specific conditions and use of Evolis High Trust® ribbons.
1 Year Warranty from Manufacture on the first year from purchase date. Optional extended warranty may be purchased.